The Viavi Solutions™ CapacityAdvisor product family provides advanced load generation for 3G and 4G networks, giving customers an unmatched ability to test equipment and services under realistic traffic loads in their labs. CapacityAdvisor 9400 enables LTE network performance and capacity testing where coverage, capacity, and performance are load-dependent.
Testing under load with the CapacityAdvisor LTE system ensures optimal wireless network performance to give end users the best possible experience.
Key feature include:
- Functional feature tests — quantify performance of LTE subsystems, measured at the UE interface
- System performance tests — with mixed data applications measuring maximum data throughput,packet latency, and jitter, among other things, under dynamic RF environments
- Call model tests — to verify system performance under real-world traffic scenarios
- Stress testing under traffic load — to measure the impact on RF resources, scheduler performance, as well as the integrity of signalling under load
- Data application performance tests — to measure quality of service (QoS) and its impact on data throughput for mixed data traffic for new applications such as VoLTE
- VoLTE-specific performance tests — utilize the R-Factor MOS to characterize changes in VoLTE performance when other VoLTE users and Internet traffic are present
- Scheduler analysis — to measure scheduler performance and analyser resource allocation
- Mobile perspective — to provide logging and performance analysis
- Deterministic analysis — unlike mobile-based test beds, the capacity test provides repeatable and deterministic performance.
- 6000 simultaneous data sessions per baseband unit
- Eight 2x2 and 4x2 MIMO sectors per baseband unit
- Support for 5, 10, 15, and 20 MHz bandwidths
- Support for all major FDD and TDD bands
- LTE-Advanced carrier aggregation
- UE Category 6 transfer rates of 300 Mbps downlink/50 Mbps uplink
- Logging at multiple protocol layers
- Performance analysis tools
- Proven SDR platform
- Common user interface supporting concurrent LTE/UMTS load
- Virtual drive-test environment